San Jose , California
QA Engineering Leader
TriagingX is headquartered in Silicon Valley. Our team successfully created the first generation malware sandbox that is being used by many fortune 500 companies for daily malware analysis. We are targeting one of security’s fundamental challenges by targeting the asymmetric advantage enjoyed by attackers, where they often only need to compromise one weakness, while defenders scramble to prioritize and fix scores of vulnerabilities. We have moved beyond signatures or static IOC’s and instead focus on the attack techniques and anomalies to significantly reduce the time to investigate suspect events in a simple to understand format and often in under 5 mins. Our philosophy is to minimize the security computing load on the endpoint or server, keep core data inside the enterprise and leverage advanced analytics to reduce the time to detect and respond.
About the Role:
The QA Engineering Leader is responsible for delivering on-time, high quality and well-tested software across the company’s client and server solutions. Working alongside the company’s development teams the ideal candidate will create automation, test plans, test cases, and report defects while ensuring thorough documentation. The candidate should enjoy breaking code and finding exposures, with an interest in cybersecurity a plus.
- Develop a Quality Assurance Strategy by analyzing:
- Our products
- Technical requirements & design documentation
- Expectation we’ve set with our customers
- Develop test plans and cases that:
- Effectively and efficiently implements the QA Strategy
- Utilizes an appropriate amount of automated and manual testing
- Utilizing appropriate commercially available and company developed tools
- Cover all aspects of the product including function, stability, stress and effectiveness
- Produces artifacts, metrics and reports in support determine milestones and of continuous improvements
- Be a part of company continuous learning and improvements by
- Proposing and implement metrics
- Propose and implement process that product improvements the quality of the product
- Hire and grow QA Engineering team
Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex web and endpoint-based products and develop an effective quality assurance strategy.
- The strategy will utilize a combination of manual and automated tests. The strategy will also define milestones and what evidence will ensure a milestone is reached.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively select QA Automation Frameworks or write tools (or at a minimum define the requirement for specialized test tools) that support the quality strategy.
- Demonstrated the ability to execute and (as the company grows) lead a team in executing tests in support of the quality strategy.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a small startup environment. Key attributes are:
- Takes initiative
- Collaborates with both team members and senior management.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows OS
- Experience using defect/issue tracking, project management, test case management system
- Experience setting up or working in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Experience using source control systems such as SVN, GitHub
- A minimum of 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience
- BS Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with malware, web base attacks and pen test tools such as Kali
- Familiarity with end point security products
- Familiarity with Security Operations Centers
- Experience using continuous integration and continuous delivery solutions such as Jenkins.
- Security certifications
Have questions? Contact our recruiter at email@example.com